Declan Hannon: I think I can play some part

Article Creator
0

 


Declan Hannon won’t give on the ghost of making a dramatic comeback this summer – but first his Limerick team-mates must reach another All-Ireland final.

The man who lifted the Liam MacCarthy Cup in four of the last five seasons has already been ruled out of their July 8 semi-final because of a Munster final knee injury against Clare.

Unlike fellow defender Seán Finn, whose season has already been ended by a cruciate injury, Hannon has avoided damage to his ACL. He hasn’t been given a specific recovery timeline but remains hopeful that he could feature in the final if Limerick advance.

“I’d try and play some part if I can at all, if they throw me in there,” the 30-year-old ventured.

“I’m just taking it day by day now, trying to get the rehab going and trying to get back on the pitch as soon as possible.

“We obviously have a massive game coming in the semi-final. That’s where our full focus is and that’s my focus at the minute as well – helping out the lads as much as I can in the lead-up.”

Post a Comment

0Comments
Post a Comment (0)